This is Niche Imports. In this column, we regularly cover games that haven’t been announced for western audiences yet. Please leave feedback and let us know if there’s something you want us to cover!
Atlus have unveiled a new trailer and some information for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers via the game’s official Japanese website.
Developed in collaboration between Atlus’ Persona Team and Koei Tecmo’s Omega Force, the game sees the Phantom Thieves meet up for summer vacation, half a year after the events of Persona 5. However, Palaces begin returning across all of Japan.
Players controls Joker and all of the Phantom Thieves, including a new character, switching between them to take down hordes of enemies. The ability to dash into cover from Persona 5 also returns, letting the player quickly navigate the environment and get the jump on enemies.
DLC was also revealed. The “First-Print Purchase Bonus DLC” will allow players to change the background music to tracks from other Persona titles. The full list includes:
- Revelations: Persona (PS1) – “Standard Battle (Refine Version)”
- Persona (PSP) – “A Lone Prayer”
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP) – “Standard Battle Music”
- Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PSP) – “Standard Battle Music”
- Persona 3 – “Mass Destruction”
- Persona 3 Portable – “Wiping All Out”
- Persona 4 – “Reach Out to the Truth”
- Persona Golden – “Time to Make History”
The game’s special edition was also shown. The “Treasure Box” Special Edition contains the following:
- Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers
- Special Box with a Brand New Illustration
- Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers Art Book (48 pages)
- Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers Original Soundtrack (45 tracks, including the game’s theme “You Are Stronger”- lyrics by Lotus Juice, vocals by Lyn)
- Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers Making-Of Blu-Ray Disc
- Morgana towel (350mm x 900mm)
- Persona Team Original Design Sacoche
For those unfamiliar, a sacoche is a form of bag (from the Italian for “little pocket”).
Finally, Atlus announced they will host a live stream of the game on November 4th at 20:00 JST on YouTube and Twitter. It will be presented by Nobumichi Kumbe (Koei Tecmo Games Director), Daisuke Kaneda (Atlus Producer), Chiaki Matsuzawa (MC), and Mafia Kajita.
Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers will launch February 20, 2020 in Japan on Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4.