Card of Darkness is a neat card-based strategy game on Apple Arcade from Zach Gage and Choice Provisions, featuring art by Adventure Time creator Pendleton Ward and a soundtrack by Steven Universe and Metroid Metal musician Stemage. That soundtrack is now the basis of an upcoming full-length remix album, and USgamer has a special preview of one of its tracks.
Keiji Yamagishi, the composer of Ninja Gaiden and Tecmo Bowl, contributed this remix of “The Nether Shore” to Card of Darkness: The Remixes. While Stemage’s original is a spacey tune that works well as a backdrop to Card of Darkness’s puzzling and adventuring, Yamagishi’s interpretation will make you want to get up and dance.
Yamagishi is far from the only game music luminary featured on Card of Darkness: The Remixes. Mega Man 3, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Bayonetta are just a few of the credits from the collection of musicians that Brain Wave Productions has assembled for the album.
Brain Wave’s label head Mohammed Taher notes that the whole remix compilation was wrapped up “in a little over a month,” which is wild considering the various backgrounds and musical styles in the release. Even Stemage finds the talent on display to be a bit mind boggling: “The list of artists is straight legendary, and it’s all difficult to process,” he writes on Twitter.
Card of Darkness: The Remixes will be released on December 16. You can find the whole track list and options for preordering the album here.
The Full List of Contributors to Card of Darkness: The Remixes
- Takahiro Izutani (co-composed Metal Gear Solid 4, Bayonetta)
- Saori Kobayashi (Panzer Dragoon Saga, Panzer Dragoon Orta)
- Steve ‘ap0c’ Lakawicz (Brock Crocodile, Super Strikers)
- Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl)
- Shinichi Sakamoto (Wonder Boy series composer)
- Tee Lopes (Sonic Mania)
- Cory Johnson (The Legend of Zelda rock arrangement albums)
- Kaori Nakabai (Ninja Gaiden 3, Captain Tsubasa 3)
- Fourge (Brave Wave’s new member)
- Harumi Fujita (Mega Man 3, Pulstar, Strider)
- Super Strikers (Brave Wave’s in-house band)
- Maxo (Battle Kitty, Q*bert 2019)
- Vince DiCola (Rocky IV, The Transformers: The Movie)