The Christmas spirits are still around us as Epic Games continues their daily free game program with yet another title. This time around it is the space simulation strategy title Faster Than Light. The game puts players at the helm of their own spaceship, letting you manage your own resources and power levels, fight other ships while upgrading your own, customise to your preference, make impactful decisions, and many more micro-management decisions.
Faster Than Light offers a top-down view of your spaceship, dissected into boxes for an easier view of your compartments. Permadeath adds another layer of suspense and tactical decision making as you have to weigh the consequences of your actions or before attacking another ship.
- Complex Strategic Gameplay: Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle.
- Play at Your Own Speed: Pause the game mid-combat to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Unique Lifeforms and Technology: Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of six diverse alien races.
- Be the Captain You Want: Hundreds of text-based encounters will force you to make tough decisions.
- Randomized Galaxy: Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions.
- No two play-throughs will be quite the same.
- No Second Chances!: Permadeath means when you die, there’s no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.
For those excited for what’s to come tomorrow, Epic Games Store listing teases an image that hints towards Hyper Light Drifter. The latter is another highly rated indie action-adventure title with multiple awards under its belt for its uniqueness.
Hyper Light Drifter is tomorrow’s free Epic Games Store title pic.twitter.com/mf7kYwv4M3
— Wario64 (@Wario64) December 26, 2019
Let us know what you redeemed from Epic Games Store daily free titles so far and what you wish they add next on the list.