Square Enix’s Final Fantasy franchise is undoubtedly one of the most critically acclaimed in the industry, and its following is definitely noticeable. That’s why Final Fantasy XIV Online officially surpassed 18 Million registered players. The announcement was made by the studio during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE stream.
Apparently Square Enix wants to build on this impressive player base and cap off the year with a major update. Patch 5.2, labeled Echoes of a Fallen Star, brings a plethora of new content to Final Fantasy XIV Online for players to sink their teeth into. The update brings everything, ranging from new main scenario and equipment enhancement quests to new raids and dungeons. The crafting and gathering systems received an overhaul as well, making it easier and enhancing the overall experience of using the feature.
- New Main Scenario Quests – The adventures of the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn continue as they further unravel the mysteries of the First.
- New Equipment Enhancement Quest Series – This new quest series will feature regular updates from Patch 5.2 onward, allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel.
- New Trial: The Ruby Weapon – Players can challenge Ruby Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest: The Sorrow of Werlyt – Discover the lore behind the new Weapon series.
- New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties.
- Ishgardian Restoration Update – The next update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new ranking system, and more.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – This new challenge can be tackled alongside fellow adventurers or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – The next set of adjustments to Disciples of the Land and Hand which will further enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- Job Adjustments, Adjustments to PvP Actions, Additional New Game+ Chapters, and More
Square Enix didn’t stop there as they offered a Free Login campaign for Final Fantasy XIV Online from now through January 14th. Players can enjoy the title without an active subscription throughout the five free consecutive days of complimentary playtime or up to 120 hours.