Want to know where to hunt and tame the animals in Fortnite? This new season brings lots of new features. Whether it’s using the new Fortnite crafting system to upgrade your new Fortnite guns or making the Hunter’s Cloak, you will need to hunt animals to craft primal gear.
Currently there are four known animals that have been seen roaming the Fortnite island, each one found in certain locations. While the wolves are predatory and the boars aggressive towards just about anything, the chickens are harmless and adorable. Fortnite also recently introduced raptors into the game, which have now hatched from the eggs laying around the map.
So join us as we go over every single Fortnite animal and the rough locations on where to find them, as well as all the steps you need to complete in order to tame wolves, boar, and raptors. It’s going to be a bit of a wild time, so let’s go over the basics of hunting.
How to hunt animals in Fortnite
Actually killing the animals is relatively easy, as long as you have a gun. None of them have that much health and you’ll get bones and meat for slaying them.
Here are all the animals you can hunt in Fortnite:
- Chicken – We came across this one close to one of the mini-spires scattered across the map. They’re harmless and will run away from you. We’d also recommend looking anywhere near a farm. If you pick up a chicken and jump, you’ll fly for a short time, in a similar way to Link in The Legend of Zelda.
- Wild boar – This one can be found in any woodland area. They’re usually solitary and will attack people and will defend against wildlife attacking them. They can be tamed.
- Wolf – This one can be found in any woodland area and usually hang around in packs of two or three. They will attack anything on sight, but avoid civilised places where they can. They can be tamed.
- Frogs – These can be found near water and are also passive. Kill them to find Stink Sacs for crafting Primal Stink Bows.
- Raptors – The latest addition usually travel in packs or call on their fellow dinos to aid them once they spot an enemy. They can be tamed.
How to tame Boars in Fortnite
Here is how to tame boars in Fortnite:
- Head to any farm area with a corn field and begin chopping with your pickaxe. You can also find corn in baskets in areas like Colossal Crops or the farm to the north of it close to the restaurant.
- Find a boar and throw the corn by aiming and pressing the fire button to lob it
- Wait for the boar to begin approach the corn
- Run up to the boar and press the prompt to tame it.
The boar will now run alongside you. While the boar can take a fair bit of damage, it isn’t the best companion to have as it charges in straight lines.
How to tame wolves in Fortnite
Here is how to tame wolves in Fortnite:
- Kill any animal and pick up its meat.
- Find a wolf and hold the aim button while the meat is equipped. Fire it to throw the meat.
- Wait for the animal to begin slowly approaching the meat, then run up to it and hold the interact button to tame it.
The wolf is now be your sidekick and it’ll go after any enemy that shoots at you and is currently the best companion, despite being a little more fragile than the boar. You sadly cannot pet the wolf.
How to tame dinosaurs in Fortnite
Here’s how to tame raptors in Fortnite:
- Similarly to wolves, kill any animal and pick up its meat.
- Find a dinosaur and throw meat its way.
- You have to be very quick, but run up and hold the interact button to tame it.
Now your dinosaur pal will follow you around and aid you in battle. They deal more damage that a wolf and are a lot quicker, making them a deadly ally in combat.