BattleGoat Studios have announced a new real-time grand strategy game, Galactic Ruler, for Windows PC and Mac via Steam. The game is set to release early next year.
Created by the developers of the Supreme Ruler series, Galactic Ruler promises to bring the franchise’s mechanics and ideas to space. The game will take place on both a planetary and intergalactic scale. You can watch the first teaser above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Galactic Ruler offers real-time strategy game play at both the planetary level and in space! Lead your faction in diplomacy or conquest across a unique galactic map where any system might hold hostile enemies or resource riches. Harness needed resources and develop advanced technology to rule the galaxy in the latest offering from BattleGoat Studios.
- Procedurally generated galaxies, systems and planets for a new and unique experience with each new game
- Customizable galaxy size and density, supporting games featuring dozens of systems and hundreds of planets that can be explored and exploited
- Develop your planets to gain the resources needed to grow your empire
- Research improvements to your military, social and economic capabilities
- Negotiate treaties and form alliances with alien factions
- Trade with other factions to acquire the goods and weapons needed for your empire
- Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical control of your forces
- Engage in large-scale planetary battles and epic space conflicts
- Venture from your home planet to forge an empire of colonies all under your direct control
- Choose your level of control – Make all decisions or use your AI to assist
- Multiplayer support for up to 15 players