With the recent Granblue Fantasy Fes 2019 underway, numerous trailers have dropped for Granblue Fantasy: Relink.
You can view those trailers above and below, including a total of 25 minutes of gameplay footage.
Firstly, both of the above trailers introduce new characters- friend and foe alike. While the information on the main character is succinct (“The hero sets out on a journey to explore the skies of Granblue Fantasy”), You can find the full run-down on the rest of them below:
A young girl, shrouded in mystery, who holds the power to control primal beasts. The Erste Empire coveted this ability and captured her, secretly holding her captive for a number of years. That is until the guard assigned to protect her, Katalina, engineered her escape in the forests of Zinkenstill. There they encountered the hero, who was fatally wounded while attempting to protect Lyria. Sensing a life slipping away, Lyria linked her life force with the hero, binding their fates forevermore.
Little Red Dragon
Call him a navigator of destiny or your bestest pal, either way this little fellow has stuck with the hero through thick and thin and won’t let a little thing like a death-defying journey stop him now.
Katalina once swore an oath of knighthood to the Erste Empire, but those days are behind her. Her knightly duty continues, though now in the service of protecting Lyria.
Helmsman of the airship Grandcypher, he can be as untamed as the open skies.
Don’t let her small size fool you. This young mage is eager to showcase her impressive talent. She vows to bring smiles to the world.
A veteran skyfarer whose regret is rivaled only by his combat prowess.
A bystander whose roots are firmly planted in both the past and present.
A primal beast that governs prosperity. It is worshiped in the sacred smithing village of Tempeal within the Ainsteddo Archipelago. But tragedy strikes when it suddenly goes berserk and threatens to destroy the entire archipelago itself.
The third and fourth of these trailers show the four Dragon Knights – Lancelot, Vane, Percival, and Siegfried. In addition, the final trailer shows the game’s four-player multiplayer mode
You can find the run-down on the four knights below:
Lancelot (voiced by Yuki Ono)
Captain of the knightly Order of the White Dragons. Despite his youth, he is more than capable of leading the forces of an entire kingdom.
- R1 + Square: Blade Impulse – A quick lunge attack.
- R1 + Triangle: Kaltzwinger – Inflicts the “Freeze” effect on the enemy in front of you to prevent movement.
- R1 + Circle: Lavinastrom – A long-range attack that allows for rapid-fire.
- R1 + X: Blau Dolch – Grants additional damage to standard attack for a fixed amount of time.
Vane (voiced by Takuya Eguchi)
Knight of Fellowship
A knight of valor, he pours his heart and soul into protecting his homeland, his friends, and his comrades-in-arms.
- R1 + Square: Rampart – Grants “Invincibilty” to the allies around you.
- R1 + Triangle: Lift Divider – Draws in enemies while damaging those in front of you.
- R1 + Circle: Breakthrough – Raises aggro and draws in enemy attacks + increases attack power.
- R1 + X: Arm Gain – A forward, high-power attack.
Percival (voiced by Ryouta Oosaka)
Lord of Flames
Possessing the makings of a king, this young man strives to create a kingdom free of war with other like-minded individuals.
- R1 + Square: Feuangriff – A forward, high-power, consecutive attack.
- R1 + Triangle: Flammarsh – Increases the attack power and defense power of nearby allies.
- R1 + Circle: X-Seele – Inflicts the “Fear” effect the enemy in front of you to slow movement.
- R1 + X: Zerreissen – A quick lunge attack.
Siegfried (voiced by Kazuhiko Inoue)
Once reviled as a traitor, that didn’t stop this loyal knight from heroically saving his kingdom from crisis.
- R1 + Square: Uwe – A forward-jumping, multi-hit attack.
- R1 + Triangle: L’Ombre d’Hier – A counterattack.
- R1 + Circle: Manigance – Increases attack power and defense power for a fixed amount of time.
- R1 + X: Neranav – A high-power melee attack.
Granblue Fantasy: Relink is coming soon to PlayStation 4.