Arcen Video games have launched an enormous new patch for his or her grand technique RTS, AI Warfare 2.
Replace 1.3, dubbed “The Grand New AI,” focuses on fully overhauling the AI. Essentially the most noticeable adjustments will probably be within the larger problem settings, however even on decrease settings gamers will discover a lot smoother and extra real looking maneuvers from the AI’s fleets.
There’s additionally a brand new adaptive AI problem setting, which signifies that the AI will drastically change up their methods on the fly.
Different adjustments embrace higher efficiency optimization, a 5x velocity setting, UI enhancements, and numerous steadiness tweaks and different enhancements. You may learn extra in regards to the patch here.
You could find the total run-down (through Steam beneath):
AI Warfare 2 is a grand technique/RTS hybrid in opposition to a galaxy that has already been conquered by rogue synthetic intelligence. It’s additionally “a sequel to [Arcen’s] enormo-space RTS AI Warfare, which we known as ‘one in every of this 12 months’s best technique video games’ again in 2009″ (Tom Sykes, PC Gamer)
Essentially the most devious and acclaimed synthetic intelligence in technique gaming returns… with a bunch of mutual enemies.
Face off in opposition to a extra superior model of the unique AI, who as soon as once more has captured the complete galaxy leaving you solely a tiny planet to your self. Then strike out and discover a solution to cleverly outwit it nonetheless. All the brand new capturables, bigger fleets, and hacking skills are positive to assist. (You’re going to wish it.)
Or immerse your self in a much more sophisticated galactic wrestle involving the nanocaust, macrophages, dyson spheres, and extra. Different factions every have their very own targets, guidelines, items, and completely distinctive economies. Make the state of affairs sophisticated sufficient and it could change into “World Warfare XV is in progress, you’re in a tiny farm in the course of it, no one likes you, however for those who can simply kill that one large offended enemy chief it will all be over.”
If that sounds excessive — and admittedly that bit is wearying to us to think about although some folks search it out — then take a break and possibly hack the all-consuming laptop virus to be your ally, and persuade the star-sized alien hives to look at your again as you tackle a suddenly-less-arrogant AI.
(In case you’re actually feeling spiteful, take your self out of the equation, activate tremendous quick ahead, and watch all of them combat like ants on a galactic scale.)
Modernized and supercharged.
It’s been ten years because the unique AI Warfare launched, and the gaming world has modified rather a lot — as has the accessible computing energy on any system you’re utilizing to learn this. We’ve pulled out all of the stops to construct foes extra formidable and clever than earlier than, and to create simulations of tons of of 1000’s of items working at 120fps in plenty of circumstances. You may velocity up and decelerate the simulation with none additional load in your CPU, and pause at will.
The interface respects your time by automating issues that you’d do the identical 95% of the time anyway. For that different 5% there are certainly superior options similar to inserting spy nanites, tweaking or disabling the foundations of automation, or redesigning your fleet compositions as a lot as you need.
Streamlined, but deeper.
Generally when a sequel says it’s “streamlined,” it could actually imply “dumbed down.” And there are certainly fewer tiny selections to be made in some areas right here: you don’t should resolve the right way to wash every dish; you have got a dishwasher. And it’s a very good factor you do, to be sincere, as a result of the rabbit gap of complicated and confounding situations goes as deep as you need it to.
All these bits the place you make the fascinating strategic choices? These bits are more durable than ever, and you may’t fall again on outdated boring habits to muddle by. You want your consideration free to anticipate, to plan, to dream… after which throw these all apart and determine it out by the seat of your pants when all the pieces goes sideways.
There’s an excessive amount of to memorize (however tooltips are at all times proper there, anyway), and there’s at all times an unfamiliar ingredient. Clicking quick gained’t allow you to. To win the AI Warfare, you’ll should improvise, adapt, and use your wits.
How About Some Highlights?
- Many optionally available factions, every with their very own targets and techniques, create a residing galaxy.
- A brand new Fleets system offers you much more ships than earlier than, and lets you customise your empire greater than ever.
- A ton of map varieties, and with plenty of sub-options to make them much more various.
- Outguard to rent, factions to ally with, and oodles of targets to seize or hack –with the AI or aliens.
- Warden, Hunter, and Praetorian Guard sub-fleets of the AI present for brand spanking new challenges (and typically alternatives) in how each you and the AI work together with one another.
- Loopy moddability, with many levers accessible in easily-accessible XML.
What’s New In contrast To The Unique?
- Extra approachable gameplay, however with a rabbit gap that goes as deep as ever.
- Extra to do, by way of second to second gameplay and selections. Extra to search out, extra to overcome or be conquered-by.
- Polished gameplay mechanics, representing all the pieces discovered from first sport’s six expansions (plus three years of growth on this sequel).
- Trimmed fats: repetitive boring duties have been automated or streamlined, however extra choices than ever have been added so that you can customise issues if you wish to. Our purpose isn’t to waste your time, however at all times have an array of fascinating challenges so that you can pursue directly.
- Redesigned UI that provides you a ton of data and energy proper if you want it.
- 1.5 hours of latest music added to the 4.5 hour included rating from the unique sport.
- Multithreading for contemporary efficiency, and a codebase that won’t summon an elder god (recoded from the bottom up for contemporary rigs).
- Over 1900 traces of spoken dialogue from greater than 25 actors.