Picaresque Studio and Fish Eagle have released a new DLC for their whaling adventure game, Nantucket.
Masters of the Seven Seas adds a new challenge mode that tasks players with exploring a world map full of random events, tough whaling missions, and nine historical captains to compete against. You can check out the launch trailer above.
The DLC coincides with the game’s 1.4 update, which you can read about here.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Set sail around the world and face historical whaling captains in this brand new expansion for Nantucket.
Masters of the Seven Seas introduces the Challenge Mode, a new game mode set in a new cylindrical map of the whole world with randomized whaling areas, new cities to visit and new events.
Select your captain, choose your game length and compete against other nine captains across the Seven Seas to become the most renowned whaling master.
- Challenge mode: a new game mode with no story to complete, but 9 captains to defeat in order to become the most renowned whaling captain.
- Whole world map: a new cylindrical map unlocks new routes and the chance to sail around the globe.
- Randomized whaling areas: thousands of possible combinations to make every game a different challenge.
- New cities: visit Cochin, in British India, and Taiji, in Japan, in your new travels across the Indian Ocean.
- Historical captains: meet Obed Starbuck, Donald Manson and many other historical protagonists of the XIX century whaling history.
- New events: more than 100 new events to interact with the other captains during your race with them.