This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Starcom: Nexus, a top-down space RPG by Wx3 Labs that just left Early Access.
After leaving the academy, you are finally given command of your first ship. Unfortunately, you soon find yourself stranded in a distant and hostile galaxy with nothing more than a light survey ship.
Explore this strange and unknown galaxy, research new technology, gradually upgrade your ship into a heavily armed battle cruiser, and find a way back home. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Starcom: Nexus is available on Windows PC via Steam for $19.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
You’ve finally made it out of the academy and have been given your first ship to command. Sure it’s just a light shuttle, but you’ve got to start somewhere, right? Suddenly “somewhere” is stranded in an unknown galaxy surrounded by hostile aliens and no way home.
Explore the beautiful and mysterious open-world of Starcom: Nexus. It’s a universe where you’ll battle or befriend strange alien races, discover ancient artifacts, research powerful technologies and build your ultimate starship.
- Fully open-world universe with numerous quests and storylines
- Hundreds of unique planet anomalies, space discoveries, artifacts and more!
- Fast-paced, exciting combat with numerous hostile factions
- Over 150 technologies to research
- Design your own ship using a modular construction system
- Talk and trade with multiple alien factions, each with their own agendas and dynamic AI
- Lots of hidden secrets and side quests
- Quick save anywhere
- Much, much more!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!