Snapshot Games have released a new trailer, and announced a new release date for Phoenix Point.
Phoenix Point launches December 3rd for Windows PC & Mac (via the Epic Games Store), Q1 2020 for Xbox One, and finally later in 2020 for PlayStation 4.
Headed by Julian Gollop (X-COM), the game sees you fighting off an alien menace invading Earth. The above trailer focuses on the Jericho faction.
“Charismatic individualist Tobias West leads New Jericho, a group dedicated to eradicating the alien threat and restoring the Earth to exclusive human control. New Jericho maintains the world’s most advanced technology and has a vast arsenal of powerful weapons that the Phoenix Project can access — if they agree to an alliance. However, accepting New Jericho’s philosophy may mean rejecting a deeper understanding of the alien threat.”
You can find the full run-down below:
Phoenix Point puts players in the midst of a desperate fight to take back the Earth from a mutating, alien menace. Featuring turn-based tactical combat on procedurally generated maps, and resource management on a global scale, Phoenix Point offers endless replayability and a brutal challenge.
Following a global environmental disaster, the Pandoravirus appeared and began reshaping creatures, including humans, into hideous mutants. Unable to stop the progress of the virus, much of human civilization was wiped out — only small enclaves remain, separated by their principles and the vast landscape. The Phoenix Project, an ancient failsafe against global catastrophe is the only hope to unite mankind and take back the planet.
Lead the Phoenix Project from its base at Phoenix Point. Research and develop new technologies and techniques, plan operations, build alliances to unite the planet– or simply destroy your rivals. It’s up to you to save the planet and rebuild civilization, but there may be much more to the alien threat than meets the eye.
- Mutating Alien Menace: Face down an ever-changing alien threat that adapts to your tactics and offers no respite even as your team becomes more powerful and technologically advanced.
- Uncover the Secrets of the Pandoravirus: Phoenix Point features a complex narrative, with multiple endings that the player can only uncover via multiple playthroughs. Discover a secret history, as you learn about the origins of the mutants, the Pandoravirus, and Phoenix Point itself through exploration, diplomacy, and research.
- Manage Diplomatic Relations: The Phoenix Project is not the only organization trying to reclaim the Earth. The militaristic New Jericho, the mystical Disciples of Anu, and the technophiles of Synedrion all offer unique rewards for co-operation and threats for opposition. It is up to you to decide how, or even if, to deal with them.
- Take Aim on the Battlefield: In addition to equipping and commanding units, Phoenix Point lets you take direct control of your soldier’s shots in combat, with a unique free-aiming system. Target enemy weakspots, weapons, or valuables, or just go for center mass.
- Next-Gen Tech with Classic Pedigree: Phoenix Point was designed by Julian Gollop, the creator of the X-COM series in the 1990s. Keeping the core ethos of X-COM while updating the visuals, technology, and systems to modern standards has made Phoenix Point best-in-class.