This is Niche Gamer Tech. In this column, we regularly cover tech and things related to the tech industry. Please leave feedback and let us know if there’s tech or a story you want us to cover!
Razer have announced a new set of wireless earbuds with “ultra-low” audio latency.
Retailing for $99, the Razer Hammerhead True Wireless utilizes a customized Bluetooth 5.0 connection to achieve latency of only 60ms.
Along with the 13mm driver and a 20-20kHz frequency response, the earbuds have a battery life of three hours. However the carrying case also acts as a battery, with up to four additional charges for a combined total of 15 hours of usage (charged via USB-C).
Users can also use a mobile app to pair their earbuds to their device automatically when removed from their case, and to react to voice prompts and touch gestures. They are also rated IPX4 for sweat and splash protection.
You can find the full run-down on the other specifications below:
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20kHz
- Impedance: 32 ± 15% Ω
- Sensitivity: 91 ± 3 dB @ 1 kHz
- Max input power: 8mW
- Drivers: 13 mm
- Approximate weight: 45.0 g
- Frequency response: 300 Hz – 5 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥ 55 dB
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): -42 ± 3 dB
- Pickup pattern: Omnidirectional
- Music Controls: Play, pause, skip, previous
- Call Controls: Answer, reject, switch, end
- General: Pair, power, activate smartphonevirtual assistant
- Battery type: 275mAh rechargeable Li-Po battery Rated Capacity
- Battery life: Up to 16 hours (with included charging case)*
- Charge time: Up to 1.5 hours
* May vary dependent on usage
- Bluetooth wireless range: Up to 10m / 30 ft
- Devices with Bluetooth audio capability
- Smartphone application available for Android and iOS devices
The Razer Hammerhead True Wireless is available now via Razer’s official website and other participating retailers.