YCJY Games have announced the release date for Sea Salt.
The “reverse Lovecraftian horror” strategy game will be coming to Windows PC (via Steam), Switch, and Xbox One on October 17th. You can check out the latest trailer above.
In the game, you control the minions of Dagon that have come to a sleepy harbor city that has refused to offer tribute for your god’s continued protection and good fortune. Take back what Dagon is owed by summoning hordes of nightmarish creatures and devouring the puny humans that have dared to defy one of the Old Gods.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Sea Salt is an action strategy hybrid, in which you are an Old God summoning unfathomable horrors to blight the human lands. You will have your sacrifice, and humanity will pay for denying you what you are owed.
Summoning a tide of minions, your army will emerge from the sea to take vengeance on the religious figures who have dared to defy you, and anyone else that stands in your way.
When humanity prayed you were willing to offer them fair winds for their fishing vessels, and they enjoyed the riches and prosperity you provided. They knew the price, but cowardice overtook their faith when the time came to collect. The bishop of your church defied your will, but when the horrors of the deep emerge from the gloom he will beg for the mercy of a swift death.
- Command an unruly troop of nightmarish creatures, cultists and horrors from the deep
- Control the whole swarm at once, directing it to attack your victims or withdraw to avoid their defenses
- Use the terrain to surprise and surround the weak minded to make them lose their minds to fear
- Discover cards in a hellish tarot to unlock 16 different units with their own strengths and weaknesses
- Hunters, and special bosses alike, will be swept away on your path to vengeance