Paradox Interactive have announced a new content pack for Imperator: Rome.
The Punic Wars Content Pack will be a free DLC for both the Steam and GOG versions of the game. The DLC will add new events, units, and other content based around the lengthy and bloody war between Rome and Carthage. You can find a teaser trailer above.
The DLC will coincide with another free update to the base game, which you can read about here.
Here’s a rundown of the new content:
When the rulers of Messana invited Roman protection for their Sicilian city, they could not have expected that they were igniting a fierce rivalry that would set the Western Mediterranean aflame for over a century. Carthage had traditionally seen Sicily as its sphere of influence and it could accept no equal on the island. Rome and Carthage would go to war in 265 BC, in the first of three wars that would finally end with the sack of Carthage in 146 BC.
This free content pack for Imperator: Rome includes new events and units models to illustrate the greatest wars of the classical age – the superpower showdown between the nascent Roman Republic, and the established Carthaginian Empire.
The Punic Wars content pack includes:
- Roman Mission Pack: Ten unique mission trees for the star of Imperator: Rome to guide your conquest of Italy and neighboring regions.
- Carthaginian Mission Pack: Ten unique mission trees for the children of Tyre to help you plan your mercantile and military dominance of Africa, Spain and the rest of the west.
- Numidian Unit Model: New army model for the Numidians, North Africans often hired as mercenaries by larger powers.
- Carthaginian Ship Model: A unique ship design for Carthaginian navies.
- New Music: Three additional music tracks to soothe your conquering soul.